Thursday, July 21, 2011

Taking Up Crocheting :

So this all started last week, when I was job hunting. After a long day of going to stores, restaurants, etc. I was heading back to my apartment. Right next door to my apartment complex is a yarn store, Haus of Yarn. Why not? I stopped by. "Are you accepting application?" The lady responded with a no, and asked if I crochet or knit. I said no, but I'm really into crafts. She replied with, "You kind of need to know how to crochet or knit to work at a *yarn store*..."
Yeah? So for further information about crocheting I asked the Business Forum on Etsy. The people there were extremely helpful with types of yarn, hook selection, and just stories about how they got into crocheting/knitting. They inspired me to pick up the craft.
I started very simple with a scarf - All double crochets :

Then I began searching for other patterns. And came across Amigurumi - Adorable animals and creatures. With the help from this tutorial I made an adorable bunny :

-My kitty always likes to be in my photos.. <3

I'd say I was successful with learning the basics of this craft. I'm excited to see what else I can accomplish in crocheting! I'm currently working on another scarf, with better/prettier yarn!

2 comments:

  1. Oh your scarf and bunny are wonderful! I was taught how to crochet by my grandmother when I was younger and then tried it again years ago, but never got into it. Now I'm going to give it a go again, just bought supplies yesterday. I was looking for something to do that can be taken anywhere and plus there are so many neat things to make. My husband and kids already want me to make them stuff! Good luck with this and would love to see what else you make. You have been an inspiration. Have a nice day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! You have to show me what you make. =]

    Good luck and you too!

    ReplyDelete